Sunday, December 15, 2013

End of the Year Read-a-Thon 12/12-14/13: Spine Poetry, Book-to-MovieReleases, Seasonal Challenge

End of the Year Read-a-Thon 12/12-14/13: Spine Poetry, Book-to-MovieReleases, Seasonal Challenge






*I apologize for the insane highlighting in this post. I am having issues that I need to fix ASAP, but I still wanted to post this*
 
December 12, 2013: Spine Poetry--using any books you've read in 2013--leave a link of pic Hosted by Lori @ Writing My Own FairyTale 
I admit, my friend Celina (she's on instagram & tumblr) did help me on the spine poetry, which is I suppose sort of cheating. 
Anyway, here it is: 
 

Before I fall
Champions and Legends
Reckless Uprisings
of the Subtle Knife and the Golden Compass
fables of the Maze Runner's Prodigy
will turn to Cinder and dust.






December 13, 2013: Favorite Book-to-Movie Release in 2013--post on Twitter or Facebook, leave a link Hosted by Emily @ FallingForYA

I have to admit that I did not watch many of the popular Book-to-Movie releases of 2013 like 'Beautiful Creatures' and 'The Host'. So my answer is the same as about everyone else doing this challenge. Hunger Games:Catching Fire. 





December 14, 2013:  Seasonal Challenge (must be books read in 2013) post links
Recommend a book good for a snow day
Recommend a book good for a rainy day
Recommend a book good for a beach day
Recommend a book good for a spooky night
Hosted by Michelle @ Book Briefs

What better for a spooky night than a book about a society where it's acceptable to take apart teenagers bodies? Unwind: Neal Shusterman. 

What better for a rainy day than a story about a girl trying to find her lost love she only knew for one day? Just One Day: Gayle Forman. 

What better for a beach read than a story about a boy being trained to be a military commander against an alien race? Ender's Game: Orson Scott Card. 

What better for a snow day than a story about a girl and her process to begin thawing from her frozen state of sadness? Wintergirls: Laurie Halse Anderson

I have to admit, I have been a pretty big slacker this past week from the 11th on because the books I had were the dregs of my library haul which was why I'm still stuck with them. So, I am currently on page 91 of 'The Sky is Everywhere' by Jandy Nelson, it's not that good and isn't looking like it's going to get better (review coming when I finish is finally). I just today finished "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins after picking up from page 150 on 12-12-13/Thursday. I can't give you exact page numbers read today, but I can give you my stats from the 11th on.


Pages read since 12/11/13: 91 pages of "The Sky is Everywhere" 387 pages of "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins.
Cumulative Pages: 558 appx.
Books Finished: 2
Needed to Reach Goal: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...