Saturday, December 21, 2013

End of Year Read-a-Thon 12/18/13-12/20/13

End of the Year Read-a-Thon 12/18/13-12/20/13 Post a Review, Spine Poetry, Spell it out challenge
 
I am so sorry this post is for 3 days worth of challenges. As I explained in my last post, I have out-of-town visitors, and tests right before Winter Break, but this post is up now.

December 18 Post a Review Challenge--leave a link to any revew you posted for a book in 2013 Hosted by Munira @ In Vogue with Books 

This one is pretty easy, my review of  Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, otherwise known as the first review I have ever posted on this blog. I was in love with the book, and my review will tell you why. 

 



December 20 Spine Poetry--any books read in 2013, but must use titles that have 4 words or less 

I'm pretty bad at poetry, some examples from my tumblr are here. Fun Fact: I remember the first ever acrostic poem I wrote was in 1st grade in Mrs. Lopez's class about Abraham Lincoln. I changed this post a little because the line didn't have to be finished to go onto the next one.


Though everything happened so fast, I feel I have changed for the better because of it.
Hannah Baker was never just another girl to me
I know I was not just another guy to her because I was one of her
Reasons, number nine to be in fact. Does 
This sound bad? But I'm glad I wasn't a direct reason for her death
Even though everything happened to me, the rest of the world will never know her legacy
Eventually her name will be whispered by Freshman saying, "Did you hear Hannah Baker committed suicide?"
Nevermind who she really was, just a name, no face or human being to attach it to

Relativity of the entire situation escapes me
Even though I wasn't a direct reason, I
Am the one who is most responsible because I could have
Stopped her from doing what she did
Omens were there, no one cared enough to see them
Neglect from everyone, isolation.
Some people come out stronger the other end, the others don't make it at all

Why? Why did she leave me?
How could I have let her go so easily?
Y did it have to happen at all?

December 20 Spell it out challenge-Use the first letter in any book read in 2013 to spell out a word--can choose first name, initials, your birthday month, or zodiac sign. Post links. I cheated on O, #readingcram gods can kill me now, I just didn't read any books that started with 'O'

Speak
the kill Order
Fever 1793 
If I Stay
Article 5  

Legend
Insurgent 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...