Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (2) Smoke, Wintergirls, Fever 1793 & More


This is my second “Stacking the Shelves” posts! For those of you that don't know "Stacking the Shelves" is when you list the books you've added to the shelves,virtual, physical, or whatever shape or form you get them. I know some people post them once a month, once a week, it varies. For me, “Stacking the Shelves” posts will be posted every time I return from the Library. The reason for every time after the Library, and not buying books? Well frankly, I’m really poor. As people may know, “Stacking the Shelves” posts are hosted by “Tynga's Reviews” 
Reason for Going to the Library Today: My books were due today, and there will probably be a new post on the second of January when those books are due, but never fear I have an 8 books at a time rule.
 
What I checked-out from the Library today:
  • Anna and the French Kiss: Stephanie Perkins- I've heard so many awesome things about this book and it's Goodreads average rating is 4.2 stars which is really good.
  • Chains: Seeds of America: Laurie Halse Anderson- My official new thing is to get a new book by Laurie Halse Anderson each time I go, this is just following the trend. One of my friends did a book report on this, and it seemed really interesting.
  • Smoke: Ellen Hopkins- My other official new thing is to get a new book by Ellen Hopkins every time I go to the library because her writing is just gives me the feels and this is the sequel to "Burned" so a series overview will be coming really soon.
  • All Our Yesterdays: Cristin Terrill- Everyone has had this on their top books of 2013, so I thought I'd follow the trend and try reading it.
  • Hate List: Jennifer Brown- The plot sounds so interesting, and I can't wait to read this.


What I still have from my last Library visit:
  • Wintergirls: Laurie Halse Anderson- It's a reread that I haven't read yet because of the "End of Year Read-a-Thon" so it wouldn't have counted.
  • The Coldest Girl in Coldtown: Holly Black- I read the first 10 pages and thought it was boring, but I'm going to give it more of a chance.
  • Just One Year: Gayle Forman- Didn't get around to reading this yet.


What I returned to the Library today:
  • Under the Never Sky: Veronica Rossi- I didn't get around to reading this, tell me in the comments if I should have, but I just didn't because I didn't have time.
  • The Sky is Everywhere: Jandy Nelson- I finally finished this, this afternoon. Full frustrated review coming soon. 
  • Crank: Ellen Hopkins- I finished this and a series overview is coming when I read the remaining books in the series. 
  • Fever 1793: Laurie Halse Anderson- This was such a good historical fiction. I haven't read books in this genre since I was little and it was a breath of fresh air. 
  • Everlost: Neal Shusterman- The review is already up and you can learn all of my opinions there. *smiley face*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...