Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Goals & Mad Libs

Bout of books 9.0 Goals & Mad Libs
Hi, in case you didn't already know, Bout of Books is a readathon, my sign-up post and all the info about it is right here. This post is a combo two-in-one for you. I'm going to include my goals, and the mad libs challenge for today. My goals for this readathon are to read four books. This is my first week back at school, and I have three very important tests to study for, so my goal would have been higher.

I know for sure I'm going to read Smoke by Ellen Hopkins, because her writing is frankly just wonderful, and it gives me a chance to do a series overview for a Spontaneous Saturday coming really soon. I also know I'm going to read Hollow Earth by John and Carole Barrowman, which is more Middle Grade, but my friend lent it to me and said it was really good, so I'm taking her word on it. The last book I'm certainly reading is Clan by Realm Lovejoy for the next Random Riday Review and as a review tour that might even have a GIVEAWAY attached to it. I don't know what the fourth book will be, because in the past two readathons I've participated in, I have completely changed courses, so I'm not even going to say anything. It will probably be a book I haven't read yet from my most recent Stacking the Shelves.

Onto to today's Mad libs Challenge

This is the story:
I just read the greatest book!
This guy [Character Name] ends up in the middle of a/an [adjective1] conspiracy. Turns out his/her ancestors were pirates, and he/she might be the key to finding the [Adjective2] [Item]. It’s a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of [occupation]s are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to [act of violence] for it.
I won’t say anything else. But believe me, if you like [adjective3] stories with [noun1](s) and [noun2](s), you have to read this one.
I won’t say anything else. But believe me, if you like [adjective3] stories with [noun1](s) and [noun2](s), you have to read this one. 
Character Name: Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Adjective 1: Entwined
Adjective 2: Scarlet
Item: Skin and Bones
Occupation: Confessions of a Murder Suspect
Act of Violence: Burned
Adjective 3: Unwholly
Noun 1: Fever 1793
Noun 2: Champion

My Story:
I just read the greatest book!
This guy Leonard Peacock ends up in the middle of a/an Entwined conspiracy. Turns out his/her ancestors were pirates, and he/she might be the key to finding the Scarlet Skin. It’s a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of Murder Suspects are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to  Burned for it.
I won’t say anything else. But believe me, if you like Unwholly stories with Fever(s) and Champion(s), you have to read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...